Colorado Springs Personal Injury & Accident Law Firm
For more than 12 years, Brad Laybourne and Laybourne Law Firm team have been representing clients in all types of personal injury lawsuits. A graduate of Stanford University and the University of California Law School, Brad has developed a reputation for standing up to insurance companies and getting his clients the settlement they need to recover properly.
If you’ve been hurt, distressed or suffered in any way as a result of an accident, contact Laybourne Law Firm today. During your free initial consultation, we’ll review your case and explain your options to you in detail. Best of all, we never charge a fee unless we win.
What Is Personal Injury Law?
In Colorado, anyone who has been the victim of an accident caused by another person’s negligence may sue him or her for damages. This can include compensation for medical bills, loss of future income, pain and suffering, and other expenses.
Personal injury lawsuits can be brought against a person, a business or government entity. A personal injury lawsuit is different from a criminal charge, though in many cases a guilty or negligent party can be penalized by both.
Our Practice Areas
Brad Laybourne and his team can provide skilled, aggressive representation in all aspects of personal injury law. Whether we are helping you file a claim, negotiating with insurance or, if necessary, representing you in court, our focus is on getting you the settlement you need to recover fully. Even if you don’t have health insurance, we may be able to get your treatment covered. Let us help you with either of the following:
- Car/truck/motorcycle accidents: Accidents have many causes — alcohol, driver negligence, poor weather and even equipment failure can all play a role. Regardless of the specifics, if you’ve been hurt in a collision with a car, motorcycle, truck or semi-truck, you may be able to sue for damages. Laybourne Law Firm may be able to help you get the settlement you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses, whether it’s through negotiation with an Insurance company or by bringing a negligent third party to trial.
- Major Injury: A catastrophic injury can happen suddenly without any warning; they can happen at any place and at any time. It’s essential for long term care that you seek legal help regarding any major, potentially life changing injury. Traumatic brain injuries are the most common, and also the most serious. Upwards of 1.7 million Traumatic Brain injuries occur each year and victims deserve to have medical bills and other damages taken care of.
- Wrongful death: When you lose someone close to you suddenly, your focus should be on processing your grief. During this time, you shouldn’t have to worry about funeral expenses and your long-term financial security. Surviving spouses, children and parents may all be eligible to file a wrongful death claim covering medical care, lost wages and other damages — contact Laybourne Law Firm to discuss your options.
Seeking Damages Following an Injury
Following an accident, most victims wonder how big of a settlement they are entitled to. This concern is a natural one, as it affects the quality of care you can receive and other big-picture financial considerations. While every case is different, someone who is injured in an accident can generally seek compensation for:
- Medical bills — including emergency room visits, ambulance fees, any surgeries or prescriptions required for your recovery, physical therapy and other expenses.
- Loss of income — this includes earning potential if a temporary or permanent disability prohibits you from working, or limits your potential for future advancement in your field.
- Punitive damages — including loss of companionship, pain and suffering, loss of spousal support and other difficult-to-quantify matters.
- Funeral expenses — in the event of wrongful death.
How Laybourne Law Firm Helps
If an accident is minor or straightforward, you may not think it’s necessary to hire a lawyer to represent you in negotiations with your insurer. Many people are embarrassed or refuse to seek outside counsel because they fear the expense won’t be worth it. In fact, nothing can be further from the truth. A personal injury lawyer’s job is simply to ensure you get the best settlement and best medical care possible.
At Laybourne Law Firm, we’ll provide you with an honest assessment of your options. Because we represent clients on a contingency basis — there is no fee unless you win — we are selective in the cases we take on and won’t represent you unless we feel you have a genuine need for our services.